Select a Major
Our teaching professional and college tennis players will provide instruction tailored to each ability level, making sure the campers are challenged and achieving their goals.
Lotfi is a seasoned tennis coach with over 30 years of experience all around the world. As a player he was ranked number 4 in Tunisia between 1983 and 1985, and was pre-selected for the Davis Cup team in 1984. Lotfi began his coaching career in Tunisia coaching players from all different age groups until he became the head coach for Selima Sfar, who was ranked as high as 75th in the world and participated in Grand Slams including Roland Garros, Wimbledon, US Open, and Australia Open.
Lotfi has worked as the teaching pro at Harry Hopman Tennis Academy at Saddlebrook Resort in Florida and Jesi Sporting Club in Italy. Most recently, he was the tennis director at a summer youth Tennis Camp in Connecticut for 4 years.
He currently holds the position of a tennis coach at Tennis Club de Carthage where he first learned tennis and has coached for most of his life.
Sample Tennis Schedule
- Stretch, preview daily game plan
- Footwork Cone Drills – including lateral, up and back
- Mini Tennis Games – doubles cross court, Z-ball, cross and alternate, games to 5 points, rotate volley and ball must bounce
- Catch & Throw
- Forehand or Backhand only – includes individual instruction to help each skill level
Stroke Instruction/Strategy of the Day – Forehand
- Mark the zone – forehand only
- Climb the ladder – footwork, position properly to the ball, return to the baseline
- Target practice
- Offense/Defense – forehand only, includes approach shot
- Doubles over your head – play out the point
- Individual instruction to help each skill level
- Toss and approach – double games to 11
- King of the court
- Concentration – 2 v 1
- First to 101 – extra points for a prolonged rally, ball placement, approach shot, winner
- Five ball pick-up
- Baseline race
- Circuit Rotation – 3 rounds
- Lateral Cone Slalom
- The Hex Test